Socialite Royale
Aug 20, 2007
HSM Needs To be MURDERED

LOS ANGELES - "High School Musical 2" proved the Disney Channel can boast of more than a one-hit TV wonder. Friday's premiere drew an audience of 17.2 million, making it the most-watched basic cable program ever, according to Nielsen Media Research. It more than doubled the viewership of the first movie, "High School Musical," which drew 7.7 million in 2006.

The basic-cable record had been held by CNN's airing of a 1993 debate on the North American Free Trade Agreement that drew 16.8 million viewers.

Parents knew where their kids were Friday: Among children 6 to 11 and youngsters 9 to 14, two out of three children in those age groups watching TV were tuned in to "High School Musical 2," Disney Channel said Monday. Among girl viewers age 6 to 11, it was four out of five.

The "High School Musical" brand has become a cultural phenomenon with hit records, concerts and newly minted young stars including Ashley Tisdale and Zac Efron. The sequel followed the summer adventures of students Sharpay and Troy and their fellow Wildcats of East High.

Here is what I thought...

"I tuned on Friday to watch HSM2. Why? Becuase I had nothing else
to do or watch, and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Im not gonna
lie, The first HSM I did enjoy. I mean it was something to watch, and I like
musicals for the most part. After watching about 20 minutes of the movie, I
started thinking to myself wow, these kids really cant act. The movie was corny,
It was horrible acting, horrible dancing, and horrible lip syncing. It made me
sick to my stomach watching this 18/19 year olds jumping around acting a damn
fool. I know its money, but damn. Then to have Monique Coleman, a 26 year old
woman doing the same thing was just laughable. HSM needs to be over if you ask
me, but I know that we will be seeing more. "

posted by admin @ 11:41 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Socialite Royale is a brand new entertainment blog, that will feature new song downloads and reviews, music news, celebrity candid photos and news and much much more! What more can you need? Contact Admin

Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Affiliates